I honestly don’t know what to say about this one haha. I don’t write enough to gain significant “popularity” or recognition (or at least not as much as most)… I started this blog as a way to be creative during my work day, but my activity has dwindled in recent months. Call it writers block, lack of inspiration or interest, whatever, but I haven’t maintained my site the way I want to, nor have I fostered the writer inside me as I ought to.
All that to say, it truly is an honor to be recognized by another writer, especially during a period of significant inactivity. Thank you so much GaillovesGod for this award. It is a blessing, and may just be the spark I needed to get me going again.
What is the Versatile Blogger Award?
• The versatile blogger award is given to bloggers by bloggers as a recognition of the uniqueness of their content and individuality.
• It is also a way to honor bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or now and then.
• The award is run by VBA. Check them out.
• Thank the person who gave you this award.
• Include a link to their blog.
• Next select and nominate 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
• Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- Windstrewn – You may need a dictionary and a box of tissues to survive the heart-wrenching pieces produced by this incredible writer/musician. His heart as a caring father both shows and cannot be completely comprehended, but it’s seemingly effortless work for him to share all the things that define what it means to be a wonderful human.
- Sayer Teller – My first friend in literature as well as the one to introduce me to the potential depths of imagination, Sayer Teller of the Oaken Reed only seems to put pen to paper when a thought is completely, thoroughly, and fervidly composed. He has provided many opportunities for readers and writers to interact, so be sure to check out his site and take part in his Living Stories and Living Worlds.
- Captain Q – One of my favorite daily reads. His poetry often gets sultry, but is also incredibly soulful and thought-provoking.
- Mrs. Reckless – I never let a single piece by this blogger escape me. She’s an exceptional writer with incredible insight on matters of the heart.
- Eyes + Words – This blog speaks for itself with inspiring and insightful quotes, eloquent original poetry, and other styles of poignant writing.
- Megha’s World – This is probably the most active, community-oriented blogger I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. She’s a moderator of Go Dog Go Café on top of writing for her own blog, and it’s a wonder she never runs out of ingenious ideas for how much she pours out.
- Moonlight Scrivener – One of the first blogs I discovered on WordPress, and yet every new piece is as captivating as the last. I never tire of seeing the latest brilliance she has up her sleeve.
- Mistakes and Adventures – Definitely a fun and informative blog about far more than just traveling.
- 10 Cities/10 Years – From stories of his childhood to adventures on the road (living in 10 cities over the course of 10 years) to blatant, sometimes harsh honesty, this writer knows how to talk the talk AND walk the walk of what it means to be a writer living out stories and living to tell his tales.
- Little Fears – I’ve never been one for “flash fiction,” but the humor included in this one makes it very enjoyable.
- Paradigm Shift – I love reading this blog whenever I need a refresher for my soul. Wonderful, community-driven and -oriented work.
- Sketches From Berlin – A picture is worth a thousand words, but this blog is a thousand pictures with a thousand words, not one of them out of place.
- The Symptoms of Insomnia – I’m lucky enough to know this writer outside of the internet, and can tell you honestly that she is one of the most caring individuals I’ve ever met. In her blog, she truly puts her heart on her sleeve and leaves you wondering if you could ever feel with the same intensity she does. Her short stories have the same life as her journal entries, too.
- A Writer’s Soul – The name of this one is not some misleading hook, it’s the truth behind every piece you’ll read.
- Little Grey Box – Besides being an adorable couple who have mastered the art of travel vlogging and providing useful insight into the art of putting yourself out there and living out your dreams, the sheer entertainment value of this blog makes it worth a few hours down the rabbit hole. These guys are part of what inspired me to do a solo trip to Ireland last month, and just might be the reason I quit my desk job to live the way they do and how every person should feel they can: with freedom to do and be that which makes you happiest.
7 Facts About Myself:
- I am primarily a musician, and I name all of my instruments (female names, of course)
- I have a degree in mechanical engineering, but I’m currently working as a civil engineer
- I’m originally from Detroit, MI, but now live in Phoenix, AZ
- In addition to music and writing, I also like leatherwork, woodwork, calligraphy, gardening, and have very recently gotten back into archery
- Sometimes I pour myself a glass of whiskey and put on glasses to inspire myself to write
- I aspire to own a coffee shop, along with several other businesses
- I have ideas and notes written for several book series, but have never actually fully written or published a book, so if anyone can help me figure out a good process or method for doing so, it’d be much appreciated
From the bottom of my heart, thank you to all of you who follow my blog and read some of the ridiculous, random things my brain spits out.